Photo and recipe from MinAi Tan-Acquah (adapted from Dessert for Two).
- 1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 1 tablespoon Minga moringa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars. Whisk until the butter is fully incorporated-no pools of oil on the outside. It may take some vigorous whisking.
- Next, whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Finally, add the flour, quinoa, moringa powder, baking soda and powder, and salt and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes to set up a bit.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375, and line a baking sheet pan with silicone or parchment paper (silicone is preferred for even heat distribution).
- Scoop 10-12 cookies out onto the baking sheet, and bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, until deeply golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan, and then transfer to a plate for serving.